Thursday, April 19, 2018

TRUST THE DRIVER!


Have you ever visited a place where you were unfamiliar with the surroundings? Maybe you were visiting someone in another city or state and decided to go out for dinner or some other activity.  I can think of a time when I took a weekend getaway to visit my sister in a different city.  We had various plans for our girls’ weekend, so I immediately parked my car so that I could ride with her. Why? Because she was familiar with the area and knew how to get us to all the places we wanted to go.  I thought about that as it relates to our relationship with the Lord.  Many times, we find ourselves striving to reach a destination on our own instead of trusting the One who mapped out where we are headed and knows how to get us there.  I love the Scripture in Isaiah 46:10 which says that God declares the end from the beginning.  Our view is always limited, but God has the full perspective.  If we would simply trust Him, He will direct us in every situation we face.  It is very easy to relax when you know the person who is driving knows where he or she is going.  God is our all-knowing Father, and He has promised to lead us, but it requires us to relinquish control. In Proverbs 3:5-6, we are admonished to, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” This means we must give Him permission because He will not take the wheel from us. I often declare these verses as it relates to direction for my life, “God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells, for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.” (Job 28:23-24, NIV) In other words, God knows where I’m going, and He knows how to get me there. If you need direction in your life for any reason, I encourage you to move out of the driver’s seat and trust the One who already knows the way!

Follow my blog page on Facebook at https://facebook.com/wordbasedliving.

No comments:

Post a Comment